Saturday, April 24, 2010

My IE settings doesn't have 'use a proxy' clicked but I am still using a proxy server

Under tools%26gt;options%26gt;connection%26gt;LAN, the 'use proxy server' is not clicked, but I have been told and checked and it confirms I am using a proxy. My AV is by Grisoft, I am not aware of a firewall, although believe one is set up, I am on dial up and my ISP is Wanadoo (UK).



I need to avoid going through a proxy for certain sites I am a member of, but can't figure out why I am going through one, and how to avoid it?



My IE settings doesn't have 'use a proxy' clicked but I am still using a proxy server, how can I NOT use one?windows nt





The isp is prbably forcing everything through a proxy. It just intercepts everything on port 80 (nearly all web traffic). Irconically, the solution to this is... to use a proxy, lol. One that does *not* operate on port 80. Probably not 8080, either, it might intercept that port too. Can find a list of some here: http://tools.rosinstrument.com/proxy/ Find one opertating on a nicely random port, and hopefully it wont cause the same problem as you ips's is. If you just absolutely have to avoid any proxy whatsoever, the only other thing to do is get a new isp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk